Friday, January 6, 2012

I will post my first post

I visited this painting that you see at the top of this blog the year I graduated High School. One of the most amazing things I've ever done was see the beautiful city of Chicago. I think I can say I've lived because I've had Chicago style Pizza and walked down Michigan Avenue. I remember loading up into a taxi in a light jacket in the month of November and the airport security guard laughing at the fact that I was clearly from another place. All I could do was fold my arms as tight as I could and rush myself inside where it was warm.
We did many exciting things: We visited the art institute museum and it was spectacular, I wish I could have brought the entire gift shop home with me, or stay the night and eventually figure out a way to live there. I did get some pretty awesome little things, a pouch with a sunday afternoon on the island of la grande jatte covering it entirely; a shirt with all the great artists signatures; and a notebook with my favorite art print The Great Wave by Hokusai. I walked over bridges and by statues, I took a picture in front of Chicago Sun times and I breathed in the freezing cold air with the deepest breath. I stopped in a cubs shop and bought a cubs shirt not knowing then what I know now: My husband is the biggest cubs fan:) I sat next to the lion statues and appreciated their company. I even took a picture of someone taking a picture of me as they drove by in their limo.
All I can say is that my mom is the best, she granted me a wish and fulfilled it! I cannot thank her enough for giving me the oppurtunity to experience something so wonderful:)

No comments:

Post a Comment